5 WAYS TO ACHIEVE A GREAT FLATLAY!
Lately I've been working on my Instagram content and wanted to explore learning how to achieve a good flatlay! I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and also saved a ton of photos on Pinterest. Than one day I decided to go for it!
This is my first real flatlay below:
Since than which was literally a week ago I have taken about 10 more flatlays and I find they get easier the more you do it! So here are my top 5 tips to achieving a great flatlay from what I have learned and experienced for myself thus far as a beginner.
TOP 5 FLATLAY TIPS:
1. Decide what you want the focal point of the picture to be and build around that piece or point of view.
2. Natural light is great photos but two side lights are better for flatlays!
3. When taking a flatlay that doesn't include yourself in it stand on a ladder, chair or stool to get the best and most even shot.
4. Move things around and try different positions of the items.
5. BREATHE! This is most important! Have fun & realize that it may take 50 shots to get one good take!
Here are some other flatlay shots I have taken within the last week:
I hope you enjoyed my top five tips to a great flatlay! Follow me and stay tuned to my Instagram for more inspo HERE & share your flatlay tips in the comments below!